4.23.2014

Brewing Professionals



We're becoming beer brewing pros, at least we've decided we are. I found a really great coupon to brew beer at Gallagher's and I couldn't pass it up (my mom's fault I'm sure :) The night before we finally bottled our first beer, a Hefeweizen, the night before and then headed out to this place the next morning. It was great to not have to clean anything we used and instead focus on the beer and its ingredients. There were people there we could ask tons of questions to so that when we go home we can brew our own beer with more understanding.


This time we made an IPA. Joshua thinks I'll convert over to the hoppy IPA's  the more we brew and the more I handle the hops. I hope he's right because there are so so many IPA's out here. Their malt was in big vats and we got to use steam to heat it all up.



 
 We had a lot of fun and it was a perfect way to pass a rainy afternoon. We go back to bottle it in about 2 weeks :)

 
This is our Hefeweizen all bottled up!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I wish I could find fun things like that to do over here!

    ReplyDelete