7.17.2014

Rose Frosting stole my heart

 
This frosting just makes me happy! It's like a marshmallow with a little hint of rose that makes me feel like I'm eating a happy cloud. I always seem to have extra once I'm done frosting a cake and it saves really well in the fridge so I've brought it out and slathered it onto some these cinnamon rolls which was a huge win!


Joshua also frosted my birthday cake in this rose frosting and it has been a hit every time we've made it. The unique but subtle flavoring really intrigues me and kind of loses me for a minute in it's perfect texture, so in other words make this and slather it on everything!

Rose Frosting:

6 egg whites
2 cups sugar
3 cups butter; room temp, cut into 1 tbs pieces
1/2 tsp vanilla bean
1 tbs rose water (beware it's powerful)
1-2 drops pink food coloring (only if you want to)

1   put egg whites and sugar into a metal bowl
2   fill a saucepan with about an inch of water and turn stovetop on medium heat
3   place bowl into saucepan stirring occasionally until it reaches 155-165 degrees F (mixture hot to touch)
4   remove bowl from heat and whisk (best if you have a mixer with a whisk attachment!)
5   beat on high until mixture cools and the egg whites form stiff glossy peaks
6   then using the paddle attachment turn mixer on medium-low and add butter in a few tbs at a time
7   add in vanilla and rose water
8   turn mixer up to medium to medium-hight and mix until it has all come together, may look curdled at some point but keep mixing
9   add in food coloring if you'd like (1 drop goes a very long way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment