11.18.2015

Parents Dinner Party

My dad called before we came home and said that he didn't like that I kept posting food he couldn't have, so he asked me if I'd make them dinner when I was home. Of course dinner parties make my soul happy so I said Yes!


Menu:
Carrot & Fennel Soup with Black Olive Oil w/ arugula salad
   -recipe below
Parmesan & Black Pepper Focaccia Bread
   -this recipe
Balsamic Glazed Ribs
   -this recipe
Chocolate tart with Scorched Meringue
   -this tart with this topping


I dressed up the dining room, pulled out the good dishes and decorated the chandelier. We had a lovely evening and I invited my friend Katy over so we ended with a few games of euchre.

Carrot & Fennel Soup with Black Olive Oil
from here
2 tbs olive oil
1 yellow onion; diced
1 potato; peeled & diced
1 fennel bulb; diced
6 carrots; peeled & diced
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
S&P to taste
4 tbs olive oil
12 black olives
1   heat olive oil in a pot and sauté onion, potato, fennel, and carrots until soft
2   add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes
3   add in desired salt and pepper
4   puree soup in a food processor until smooth
5   place back in pot and stir in cream
6   in a food processor blend olive oil and black olives
7   pour soup in bowls and drizzle with black olive oil










No comments:

Post a Comment