2.06.2012

Milk Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

On Sunday night I just needed to bake!
Not sure if you know the feeling but I knew I had to make something
And I haven't made cookies in forever plus I just got ground vanilla and frangelico (hazelnut liquoer) from teh store and in cookies I thought I could experiment with my amounts

Milk Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies:

What is fun about using the milk chocolate instead of chocolate chips is that the chunks don't retain their shape like the chips so the chocolate swirls throughout the cookie

6 tbs butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs Frangelico
1/2 tsp ground vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
12 oz chopped milk chocolate
1 cup walnuts; chopped
3 cups oat (not instant)

preheat oven to 350 degrees F

1   beat the sugars and butter together
2   then beat in eggs and frangelico
3   in a small bowl mix together salt, soda, ground vanilla, cinnamon, and flour
4   add the dry mixture to the butter
5   stir in the chocolate, nuts, and oats
6   bake on cookie sheet for 9-11 minutes

I also threw some dried cherries in the last batch and those turned out delightful!






No comments:

Post a Comment