6.27.2012

I grilled!

I grilled all by myself the other day while Josh was doing his weekly friend game/chat thing.
 I'm very proud of myself, if you can't tell.
I just came home and was craving one and went for it.
(and didn't burn anything down or drop one on the ground)

Gourmet Burgers:

ground beef (enough for 4-6 burgers)
1/2 jalapeno; diced
1/2 white onion; diced
3 cloves garlic; minced
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp red chili peppers

1   mash all the ingredients together in a bowl
2   shape them into burgers
3   and grill

toppings (this is the best part)

fresh parsley
sliced fresh vine tomato
fresh goat cheese
ciabatta bread sliced into squares and then cut down the middle

We bought an amazing goat cheese at whole foods one day and I've been dying to slather it on something amazing- and this was the perfect highlight for it!



Also I made a side dish (I never make these so hubs was a little shocked)

Glazed green beans:

1 lb of green beans
2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
few shakes of red chili pepper
4 cloves garlic; minced
1/2 white onion; diced

1   I cooked the green beans in boiling water
2   then heated up the oil and vinegar with the spices
3   threw in onion and garlic until browned
4   tossed in green beans to coat
5   viola! stupidly simple but a really great fast fresh dinner side dish, full of veggies!


I loved this burger also because neither of us really like condiments on things but I wanted a lot of flavor and it to be a great juicy burger still  - and this combo rocked it! We each had two :)

No comments:

Post a Comment