6.06.2012

Neapolitan Cupcakes

So I was making cupcakes for small group when I got home from work
I was up to my elbows in cupcake ingredients, making a mess, using the floor as a counter
when my friend Liz gchat's me
she would normally already be on her way to small group
! I had forgotten we didn't have small group that week !
Now I had 2 dozen cupcakes on my hands and nowhere for them to go

So our friends graciously came over and helped us make a dent in them :)
(the rest went to work)








I've been dying to make these with the swirled frosting! I needed a bigger tip because one color kept getting pinched off but they still turned out pretty cute & very tasty.


1  Make Chocolate cupcakes:

I didn't love the chocolate cupcake recipe I used so I won't post it, but you could use any chocolate cake recipe or box of chocolate cake mix you want.


2  Then make the other 2 flavors in frosting form:


This is the recipe for the Raspberry Frosting:
(or you could really throw in any flavor jam you want!)

1 stick of butter; room temp
3 tbs raspberry preserves, seedless
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1   beat the butter until it is fluffy
2   put in the preserves and mix
3   slowly add in the powdered sugar




Vanilla Frosting:

1 stick of butter; room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1   beat the butter until it is fluffy
2   put in the vanilla and mix
3   slowly add in the powdered sugar


3  Put the vanilla and raspberry frosting each in their own icing bag and cut so there is a small hole at the end of each

4   Then place the plastic tip peice in another bag and put the frosting bags both inside that one together,
getting both cut tips of the bags into the plastic tip

5   then cut the tip on the bag with both the icings in it and put on a LARGE TIP



6    then pipe the frosting on being sure to squeeze both bags evenly

viola!

I would really love to experiment with this more I think it could look really cool!
But for a first try I was very happy with them and  all the 3 flavors were very fun and surprising together!

No comments:

Post a Comment