7.11.2012

Erika invades Seattle.3


For our last day together we wanted to show Erika the non-city side of Seattle.
We hiked a 4 mile trail, Rattlesnake Ridge. Holy Moly it was gorgeous. We truly had beautiful weather the whole weekend but today it also gave us clear skies to see the whole view. It was definately the best view we've seen since we've been out here. So of course we stopped for lunch while starring out into it.





Good ol' Erika of course fell and twisted her ankle pretty bad. I think she hobbled the last mile mostly laughing and saying "it would be me", the day before she ran into a sharp corner. That girl :)


Another reason this hike rocked is because at the bottom there was a lake,
You could wade out into it pretty far and it was the perfect treat for our feet.


We headed to Fremont for dinner to grab burgers and truffle oil fries (I know amazing!)
and to check out the troll.Erika barely got away :)


It was really fantastic to have her visit us! I haven't had a good chunk of time alone with her since I was in high school! It was such a blessing that she was able to come out and that we had such nice weather. I loved getting to know her better again and to see her at her best.

I learned she's less of a picky eater now, had better taste in music,
is still accident prone, and still loud
:)

Plus it was really amazing to watch her and Joshua together. He was such a trooper all weekend and literally never complained but instead put up with Erika and I's complaining! Saint! But really, it's cool to see that they have a relationship too and that my old family really is meshing in with my new. Makes me all smiley!
Josh finally warmed up to the frame :)



Check out Part 1 and Part 2 of our adventures!

now we have to rest up because my college friend Michael will be here this weekend! Craziness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment