10.31.2011

Happy Halloween.


Josh and I were Olive Oil and Popeye for Halloween.



Yes it's a couples costume but I knew we'd be making them an hour before we left and both of these costumes just require basics, most of which we already own.
When we were walking down the street we were offered spinach and such so I was really excited people knew who we were.




For Saturday night we went over to my friend from work Chriti's house. We played a tournament (brackets involved and everything) of Buck Hunt on Wii, which was so stinkin fun! Then we headed out to a bar and went dancing and hung out with a bunch of other people all dressed up.
We ended the night with a cream cheese hot dog which I was craving again the next day it was so good!

The most fun of our trip may have been the transportation though. On the way to her house we rode the bus with a bunch of people in costumes- best bus ride ever.
On the way home though we forgot to look up when our bus stopped running- oops
So we got to our bus stop and it had stopped running and we couldn't get a cab because all the lines were busy. So we walked 2 miles through downtown hoping we could find a bus there. Then we found a bus to a neighborhood closer to us which we hopped on. Then we got off and were trying to figure out which way to start walking (would have been like 4 miles) and I casually lift my hand up expecting nothing to happen and a CAB PULLED UP! I felt so vogue!!
So Josh had his first cab ride and we had a really great night full of adventure.

I always wonder if I'll dress up each year and last minute I sew something together and it always amounts to a lot of fun!

Josh carved his corn cob pipe and folded a hat, I made the shirt and my skirt banding and the rest we just layered up. We had a great night and it was so fun hanging out with fun, nice, laid back people while belting Sweet Caroline and jumping up and down!

We didn't have much time to make costumes because we had a Lunch Party with friends earlier that day. Joshua and I made so much food- and it was delicious and pretty! I'll be posting it soon!!!

Plus the hubs brought me home some orange fall flowers the other day! :)




And this is a pumpkin I carved with some work friends. Josh and I haven't had time to carve ours yet.

2 comments:

  1. ahh! i am literally dying over all the couples costumes this year.
    too bad i'm in china and hubs is home. :( maybe next year.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suprisingly I actually think it made it a little more fun :)

    ReplyDelete