3.19.2012

Eggplant Zucchini Lasagna

I've been dying to make a lasagna and finally got around to rallying all the ingredients last week. We also to it for lunches to help with our sandwich-hating dilema.



But first a little weekend update:

We had a really relaxing weekend to make up for the adventure and activity filled weekend we previoulsy had with our Cincy friend's visit.

We watched the 4 Ohio teams dominate in the NCAA!!! So cool!
Went running around Greenlake (we fit it in between the rain-sleet-snow-sleet-snow-rain-rain sequence Seattle had on Saturday)
We went to a St. Patty's Day birthday celebration (of course at an Irish bar) for one of our friends)
And we had our friend's Jessica and Kenneth over for dinner and some awesome quality hang out time.

Side note on the rain- it hasn't really bugged Joshua and I too much. Most of the time we just flip up our hoods and go outside anyways, but it has been pretty hard rain lately and now I'm really dying for some sunshine! When I talked to my mom Saturday and was talking about the weather sequence mentioned above she said something to the tune of : Sorry your weather is so bad, this morning I made myself a waffle and sat on the porch in shorts enjoying the sunshine

Dang it Madre- now I'm jealous!!!




Ok now for the lasagna:

1 eggplant; sliced into 1/4" slices
1 zucchini; sliced into 1/4" slices
1 carton of mushrooms; sliced
2 cans of diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 red onion; diced
3 cloves of garlic; diced
1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
S&P to taste
12 lasagna noodles ( I accidentally bought the ready to bake but I recommend the ones you boil first)
12 oz ricotta cheese
8-10 oz mozzarella cheese
preheat oven to 375 degrees F

1     in a large saucpan saute the onion and mushrooms
2     add in the mushrooms and cook until done 5-7 minutes, then add the garlic
3     pour in the 2 cans of tomatoes, flakes, and S&P, boil for 5 mintues
4     grease a lasagna pan and add a 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture to the
       bottom and spread around
5     lay 4 noodles on top of the sauce
6     then put 1/2 of the remaining sauce on top of the noodles (keep 1 cup left over)
7     cover it with the eggplant and zucchini
8     put 1/2 of ricotta cheese in between
9     repeat 5-8
10   cover with 4 more noodles and put on the remaining 1 cup of sauce
11   top with slices of mozzarella
12   cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 30 minutes
13   then remove the foil and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the
       cheese on top is all melted and begins to brown

This video should help :)
Plus I was just having fun with my hand held trigger and tripod Joshua got me for Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy I definitely wanna make this one time!

    ReplyDelete