8.24.2017

Infinity Mirrors


The Seattle Art museum is having a Yayoi Kusama : Infinity Mirrors exhibit. Her work is funky, textured, whimsical and also quite deep. I've loved her orange pumpkin installations for years. My work sent out and email saying we could aquire free tickets so I jumped on it, fast.


Last week Joshua and I had our turn and it was really fun. I didn't tell him anything about the artist or her work which made me enjoy showing him even more.


Each installation was in a white box, you stand in line and got to go in 2 at a time for 30 seconds in each box to experience it. You could go back and redo them as many times as you like. Luckily I nabbed tickets near closing so we never had to stand in line for more than a few minutes. There was even something a bit fun about the anticipation while you waited your turn. It was also great to be the only people experiencing in that moment, didn't have to share space or be quiet. We really enjoyed the pieces and jumped back through to see most of them again.


 Then we went to dinner downtown and went home. Very fun, and cheap, date night.







1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I wish I lived closer to downtown Cleveland so I could do more fun things!

    ReplyDelete