1.04.2012

A Cincinnati Christmas.1

We've had a really great Cincinnati visit. It is warm here and absent of snow but it has still been fantastic. We've been so worried about fitting everyone in and spending enough time with family and being fair and overall I'm proud of us and it hasn't been overly stressful.

Our first night in Cincy we grabbed the Agin's and my Grandma Heitfeld and piled into her truck and drove around the Sharonville lights. We had hot chocolate and lots of blankets. We opened the sunroof and hung out of it, and enjoyed the lights together. Coming home feels so natural and right. We fell right into our jokes and easy love. Such a great way to start off the trip.It's hard to be away from people that love you so much for just being you.


photo by my madre




photo by my madre

photo by my madre







We spent Christmas eve and morning with Josh's mom and visited some of their little family. Opened gifts and made homeade cinnamon rolls. It was so nice to have a slow easy Christmas morning where Breakfast was our biggest worry. And we got a wii :)



KoKo!



On Christmas day we went to both sets of my grandparents houses, told stories about each other, ate too much food, wrestled, and had a really great time together. I feel so blessed that I have such a great fun family that gets together every holiday. It's the thing Josh and I have missed the most, family means more and more to us and being far away has made this Christmas with everyone even more special.

her new bearcat hat- ADORABLE








eating his Christmas stocking



Then we opened my families presents Christmas night. Josh and Tim were new additions to this so there were 8 of us and it was a BLAST! It was so fun to pass around what we had gotten each other, laugh, feed the dogs cookies.
The whole Christmas eve service I had a hard time not crying because it felt so good to be home and surrounded by the people that support and love us. I avoided Josh's eyes the whole time so he wouldn't see that but he even said he was feeling the same. Having all of us together around the Christmas tree that night resonated with that part of my heart even more.


My MOM handmade all our stockings and this year she made Josh & Tim one!





A Cincinnati Christmas.2 !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment