4.06.2012

Asparagus what?

Asparagus Pizza!!!!

I understand that sounds odd but WOW it seriously blew our minds!
Since asparagus is in season it is finally affordable- no grocery store I won't pay $6 for it!
I based it pretty much exactly off of this recipe
Recipe:

pizza dough; I used Trader Joe's wheat pizza dough
7-8 stalks of asparagus; shaved (I used my carrot/potato peeler)
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1-2 shallot; sliced
1/3 cup mozzarella; diced
1/3 cup goat cheese with chives (from our farmer's market)
preheat oven to 350 degrees F

1   toss the asparagus with the olive oil and the S&P
2   put some flour or cornmeal on the bottom of the cookie sheet and toss it until it is ready to lay down
3   sprinkle the mozzarella on and then add the asparagus mixture,
     finish with sprinkling on the crushed red pepper and shallots
4   bake for about 8-10 minutes and then pull it out and sprinkle on the goat cheese
5   bake for 3-5 more minutes, pull out, slice, ENJOY

Possibly could throw on some prosciutto, mushrooms, squeeze a little lemon juice over it,
substitute the chive cheese for regular goat cheese, pecorino, or parmesan ...
o I'll be dreaming of things to do with this all day.

We devoured this thing! It was so darn good- plus I was really exctied to find something so healthy that was so easy to make too. Probably will make this next week, and the one after, and the one after!



I also made blue and pink cupcakes for my co-workers suprise baby shower. They were cute and very colorful!

2 comments: