4.23.2012

Dancing among the Tulips





We went to see the tulip fields with our friends Lich and Suzie this weekend. When they first suggested this versus hiking Joshua and I were skeptical. BUT WOWZAA they were truly amazing! I wouldn't ever take back this trip we took with them for anything. We had such a relaxing afternoon running around in the tulip fields. It was sunny and warm, the mountians were in view all around us! Plus for most of the day the sun was so strong that the tulip fields looked like they were glowing and the petals were on fire. I can't stop saying how amazing it was!


they reflected into the water :)








The red was so brilliant that when you tried to take a picture of us in it the glow of the red affected the way we looked. It was fields of colorblocked magic!
The first fields we went to were yellow, red and pink - but the second fields had purple, striped ones, gradients of pink and a few orange ones creeping into bloom. We walked far away from everyone else and had a picnic in the cracked mud. Ran around spotting the cross-pollinated tulips where a yellow ended up growing among the red and so forth. Broke the rules of running down the rows. Sang way to loud in the car (a woman biking actually asked if we were okay at one point) And shared a truly amazing quality time with great friends.





this is really what they looked like- GLOW


she picked one :)


oddball


I feel like this one looks kinda retro





of course we tried to eat the odd one!





tow-toned


the persistant little orange on. Hubs said it deserved a motivational poster

hehe funny camera angles





Hubs kept stealing the camera and taking photos of me, I didn't want him to feel I don't like them so I put them all on haha

Suzie made a giant veggie sandwich!





We kept looking up at the mountains then distracted by the flowers then the mountains again- fantastic cycle, until you stepped into the mud.
Ah I can't stop looking at these pictures and wanting to be back!

I hope you like starring at them as much as I do :)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! This looks incredible! I would absolutely love this. Tulips are one of my faves. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are now one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  2. I love the tulip festival! It is always great for photos. And you got a beautiful weekend to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love tulips! I wished they lasted longer because I want a whole yard of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah then you could frolick through them daily!!!

      Delete