12.07.2011

Anthony decked in the Christmas spirit

We tried to listen to Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music but we just aren't Christmas music people, so we danced around the tree to Architecture in Helsinki while putting up our first tree!




We found an angel made of noodles from when I was younger and put it on the top of the tree :) But we're on the lookout for a cool light up star. Also my family plays the pickle ornament game. It used to be a german tradition where you hide a pickle on the tree and the first one to find it gets to open a present before Christmas. Since us 4 kids weren't okay with that we did it 4 days before Christmas so everyone won!!
So hubs and I really want to find a pickle ornament (now glass) and get pickle gifts, maybe we'll have a neighbor hide it!!!




The ornaments are all mine from childhood, my mom buys one every year, so we'll have to start finding some that mean something to both of us. But for now Anthony, our tree, is happily lit and decorated, and stable.
Ooo We also made thin mint Christmas cookies that I'll show in another post. Christmas cookie time- my favorite!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tree!! :) And I love that you just danced to whatever music you wanted! Although I don't know how you can't like Christmas music!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete