12.15.2011

Chilly Saturday

Friday night we put all our blankets in our bed and watched movies all night.
 But on Saturday night we took on the cold, put on our flannels and multi-colored scarves and went out to dinner. We had sushi- delicious fried sushi. We also walked around Ballard because it was their art walk night (A lot of neighborhoods in Seattle have a night of the week where the local shops stay open late and have snacks and wine and music and people wander through the neighborhoods late at night, like the one my friend was in a few weeks ago!) Plus it was a good way to keep warm as we walked down the street.
We didn't plan to buy anything but, alas, I found a pair of purple ear muffs like the one's I had gotten freshman year from Walgreen's to go sledding with my friends. I had lost them in our move across the country so hubs decided I needed them and I wore them home. I am no longer afraid to wear ponytails to work!

 I got red lipstick, it makes me happy I don't look 18 (I swear I'm 23!!!) Hubs isn't a huge fan. But it makes me feel festive so I did it anyway :) Plus I got a sweet haircut with tons of layers and 1/2 bangish things so I wanted to be fancy!
I accidentally had my manual setting from a previous photo on when I took this, so we had to redo, but I like that he looks like he likes me a lot in this one :)

After sushi we went to a dark little bar where instead of darts they have skeeball. Awesome!! It was fun to watch how into the games the groups of people got.
Sunday afternoon I went with my friend Jessica to help her decorate her tree. As a thanks for letting me ditch him all day I snagged some fantabulously delicious macaroons from a little bakery in Ballard on my way home. He was pleased :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never had macaroons! I want to try them. I'm jealous of your festivities. I want to enjoy break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try macaroons! I see so many pretty pictures of them it just doesn't feel right that I have never tried them before! Your weekend sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete