12.12.2011

Pomegranate-Walnut Salad






I think what I love most about winter besides layers and the smell of snow is pomegranate season!

I'm pretty sure I pick on up everytime we shop in the winter. They are gorgeous and so so delicious.
 Our friends asked us over for dinner and I was in charge of the salad.

This is what I came up with and it is so delicious Josh and I are fighting over it for lunch. Plus I made a yummy honey-balsamic dressing!

1 large head romaine lettuce; chopped
4-5 celery stalks; chopped
1 pomegranate
1/2 cup walnuts; roughly chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese

1   once they are chopped toss them all together in a bowl :)

Hint: I don't know if you know the trick for opening pomegranates so I'm gonna tell you!
1   Get a large bowl and fill it with water
2   cut pom in 1/2
3   then put 1/2 in the bowl of water and peel it apart and pull out the seeds.
The seeds will sink and the extra inside bits you don't eat will float to the top.
4    then scoop off the top extra parts to throw away and you're left with the seeds!

This way you don't get any on your clothes or have them falling on the floor

Dressing:
Honey-Balsamic Vinagrette

1/2 cup honey
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. mustard
1 shallot; minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

1   mix them all together and shake
will store in fridge tightly sealed for about a week!

The dinner with our friends was wonderful. We had lots of fun talking and relaxing with them. They have such kind hearts and love to be playful and interactive. It was really great to get to know them better and to see how Jesus shines out of them.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy!!! Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete