12.05.2011

Lentil Soup-yummm

I love chopping- love love chopping
so soups are my ultimate favorites because it is always full of veggies





I wanted to make something for our lunches this week that wasn't a sandwich but some soups just aren't "main part of meal" adequate
So I tried my hand at making lentil soup because it has noodles and lentils which = filling

It made our apartment smell delicious and reheats fantastically.
Plus since lunch is made we hit snooze twice today :)

1/2 lb. green lentils
1/2 lb. orange lentils
2-3 carrots; chopped
2-3 celery; chopped + 2-3 tbs. of leaves chopped
1 1/2 cans diced tomatoes
11 cups vegetable broth
fresh basil
1 tbs. parsley
few shakes of cumin
1 tsp. paprika
generous amounts of S&P
1 1/2 cups of shell noodles

this made 7 lunches that we put in baggies pre-divided and just grabbed and took for lunch. But they were generous! you could probably get 8

then we took pieces of onion rye and brie that I cubed and tossed in the soup. I love these kind of lunch weeks!
also you may want to add a few tbs of water to it before you heat it up

No comments:

Post a Comment