12.11.2018

Little Sis wedding


We drove our van to Salt Lake City, put it in airport parking and prayed heavily it would be there when we got back, put Roslyn on her first flight, and headed back home for my sister Erika's wedding. It was a whirlwind of a trip. We fit in some family time before all the wedding festivities started and then we drove down to Louisville, KY.


First up Mallorie and I threw Erika a bachelorette party. We had dinner, met all her friends, and played a few silly games. It was also the first night I was away from Roslyn which was lovely and sad and very odd all at once.



Next it was time to set up for the wedding. The whole family was in on it and it turned out beautiful. Roslyn was however not helpful and enjoyed it most when we let her play in empty boxes.


The wedding was beautiful and it was fun to celebrate Erika & Justice and to spend time with my family. My sister Mallorie and I gave speeches. I got to make them a very tasty chocolate peanut butter cake and a bunch of cupcakes. We danced together, sweat together. I also didn't know where Roslyn was most the evening. She was being passed among all my extended family and they were not willing to return her. It was really beautiful to experience that as we are so far from family most of the time. I knew she was safe and being loved on and I loved that they all wanted to spend time with her. It was a blessing to get to have that if only for an evening.



 Then we were back on the plane headed to our Walter. But first - airport bathroom baths in a her basin for miss Roslyn so she was cozy and drowsy for her flight. She flew so well both ways, barely a peep. This baby constantly steps up and is perfect when it counts.



No comments:

Post a Comment