11.17.2011

Padre in Seattle- Playing


Goofy is something people may not see at first in my dad, but I promise you he is VERY goofy. And very tolerant of my goofiness as well. When I said we were taking a picture throwing leaves I don't even think he hesitated.
We had a great time Sunday walking around the arboretum. It was a little chilly but we hadn't had time to appreciate fall in Seattle yet and we soaked it all up Sunday.


When we were younger and went to McDonald's all of us kids and parents would try to "call largest fry" we thought it was fun and goofy and everyone played along. As we were walking my dad called largest leaf. I beat him with another at some point but then he pulled out for the win right before we went back to the car.
Also for some reason on our honeymoon Joshua and I started describing things in terms of how many faces (such as this is a face size pizza, and so on) So my dad is also demonstrating that this is about 1 1/2 faces :)
Yeah we had way too much fun!


Then we headed to Ballard at night and had Mexican and Margaritas and then ended the night with gelato. Padre had never had gelato and I think he loved it! Caramel & fig, chocolate hazelnut, dark coffee, crunchy coffee- who can't love all of those flavors!

Overall the weekend my dad was here turned out to be a real treat for Joshua and I. It was actually pretty relaxing and really nice to spend time with him. My mom had come out when I was interning here and I got her all to myself for a weekend and it was fun to get the same opportunity with him.

But this weekend hubs and I are going to target to buy dark curtains for our bedroom and sleeping in all Saturday, maybe waking up for a little more stuffed french toast though :)

Padre in Seattle: BAKING, HISTORY, FEASTING, EXPLORING

No comments:

Post a Comment